Event Tech Manager
We unite innovators in their mission to build a better future. Best known for Canada’s leading tech and innovation festival, our annual gathering attracts the brightest people shaping the world. Hosted in the heart of Toronto from September 20-26, 2019, the festival features world-class speakers, interactive experiences & can’t-miss socials.
Made in Canada, we’re founded on the beliefs that diversity is our strength, we’re stronger when we disrupt together, and it’s our time. We invite a worldwide audience to collaborate with Canada’s thriving innovation ecosystem.
We’re Looking For:
A tech-savvy and highly organized team player who enjoys wearing multiple hats. From building out the registration stack, to setting up badge pickup systems and a festival-app, you’ll be responsible for the technology stack that allows us to run Canada’s largest Tech and Innovation Festival. You are full of positive energy and are excited to be a leader in building a world-class company and culture.
- Manage ticketing system (guest data, ticket projections, etc)
- Manage population of content across various platforms
- Support development of the website and app.
- Lead registration, check-in, and lead retrieval during the Festival.
- Run badge pickup for 20,000+ guests at 4+ venues.
- Help build attendee mobile app
General Responsibilities :
Managing IT for the organization, including employee on-boarding/off-boarding, developing and implementing IT policies, and overseeing project like system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages.
Maintaining accuracy and consistency of database information and formatting including developing protocol and processes for all database users, executing queries, reports, and exports as required, and providing logistical support for mailings, etc.
- 5+ years of experience
- Passionate about the Canadian tech and innovation ecosystem
- Python and other automation expertise considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and guests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to “get things done” in a fast-paced start-up environment
Opportunity to Grow
- As an ambitious startup, you’ll have tons of opportunity to learn and grow
- You’ll get a front row seat to Canada’s largest tech festival
Build Your Network
- You’ll get to work with some of tech’s best and brightest
- We’re in the heart of Downtown Toronto in the historic Financial District
Health Spending Account
- We let you decide how to best prioritize your health and wellness.
- We trust you to know your schedule and work when you feel most productive
If you don't hear back from the Elevate Team within four weeks from the date of your application, we've chosen another candidate for the position. Thank you for your interest in Elevate!