Elevate is Canada’s largest tech and innovation festival. We’re a community driven festival that brings together world-class speakers, international media, emerging and scaling startups, forward-thinking corporates and top investors to help raise the profile of the Canadian tech and innovation ecosystem.
Diversity is Our Strength: We think that diversity is a tremendous source of strength and that our communities, workplaces, and governments are made stronger by including the voices of everyone.
Disrupt Together: We know that collaboration is key to fueling our innovation ecosystem. By partnering with and building off of each other, Canada can win on the global stage.
It’s Our Time: We believe that global ideas live here. As a leader in artificial intelligence, fintech and blockchain, quantum computing, healthcare, and more, Canada is on the leading edge of the technologies that are shaping tomorrow.
With over 10,000 expected attendees, 250 speakers and over 100 different venues for 2018, we’re growing fast. We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to help execute an exciting vision with our growing team.
We’re Looking For:
A thoughtful and creative Community Manager to work within our marketing team in the lead up to this year’s festival.
You’ll play a hands-on role managing and developing the Elevate brand on social networks while managing community partnerships within the tech and innovation community.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You’re adapt at fostering and building relationships with a customer-facing mentality and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
Ultimately, you’re able to act as the ace and the voice of our brand and manage all community conversations.
A background with the tech and innovation ecosystem is a must. This position is a fixed term contract until October 1st.
- Build relationships within the tech community including incubators, accelerators, academic institutions, startups and industry professionals
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Manage front-to-end community partner program
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Respond to comments and customer queries in timely fashion
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven work experience as a community manager or similar role
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Working at Elevate isn’t a job. It’s a journey.
Everyone who works at Elevate is on a mission. A mission to show the world that Canada is a global leader in tech and innovation; that we’re on the cutting edge. That we’re diverse. That it’s our time.
Below are some of the benefits you'll receive:
- Opportunity to grow. As an ambitious start-up, you’ll have tons of opportunity to learn and grow.
- Build your network. You’ll get to work with some of tech’s best and brightest
- Festival access. You’ll get front row seats to Canada’s biggest tech fest.
- Dog friendly office. We’re in the heart of King West (with bottomless coffee & a nap room).
- Health spending account. We let you decide how to best prioritize your health and wellness.
- Flexible work-life. We trust you to know your schedule and work when you feel most productive.
Deadline: Applications for this position will close Friday, May 25th at 11:59 p.m.