Event Coordinator, Festival Stages
We unite innovators in their mission to build a better future. Best known for Canada’s leading tech and innovation festival, our annual gathering attracts the brightest people shaping the world. Hosted in the heart of Toronto from September 20-26, 2019, the festival features world-class speakers, interactive experiences & can’t-miss socials.
Made in Canada, we’re founded on the beliefs that diversity is our strength, we’re stronger when we disrupt together, and it’s our time. We invite a worldwide audience to collaborate with Canada’s thriving innovation ecosystem.
We’re Looking For:
A thoughtful and highly organized Event Coordinator to work within our Live Events Team to support the planning and event operations for a number of Festival Stages at Elevate (3-4 month contract). You’ll play a hands-on role in the management and execution of multiple events across multiple venues at the 2019 festival.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with exceptional organisational skills, comfortable multitasking and is adept at fostering and building relationships with both partners and suppliers.
- Work with and support the Senior Associate of Live Events to plan, set-up and manage multiple festival stages across multiple venues leading up-to and throughout the week of Elevate.
- Develop and manage planning documents such as venue checklists, budgets and event run-of-shows
- Oversee operational delivery of festival stages and related events
- Represent Elevate at partner planning meetings and capture meeting minutes
- Work with volunteers and the volunteer manager on role assignments and festival stage deployment
- Work with venues, AV and catering suppliers to ensure a seamless event
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-4 years experience in event operations, project management and coordination
- Exceptional track record in planning and delivering complex multi-venue, multi-day events to an international audience with a mix of paid staff and volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Highly organized and autonomous, but also collaborative and able to work cross-functionally
- Ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced environment of change
Opportunity to Grow
- As an ambitious startup, you’ll have tons of opportunity to learn and grow
- You’ll get a front row seat to Canada’s largest tech festival
Build Your Network
- You’ll get to work with some of tech’s best and brightest
- We’re in the heart of Downtown Toronto in the historic Financial District
- We trust you to know your schedule and work when you feel most productive
If you don't hear back from the Elevate Team within four weeks from the date of your application, we've chosen another candidate for the position. Thank you for your interest!