Design Exchange is seeking to fill the full-time position of Bookkeeper who will accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of the cultural institution and maintain our financial records including purchases, sales, receipts, donation receipts processing and payments. The Bookkeeper will report to and work closely with the General Manager + Financial Controller to ensure legal requirements compliance, processing accounts payable and receivable and manage invoicing and tax payments.
Our ideal candidate has at least one year of full-cycle bookkeeping experience and/or an accounting certificate or degree, and is familiar with QuickBooks or other Accounting software. The Bookkeeper will also work closely with full and part-time members of the DX team and outside service agencies. This is a fast paced role with changing priorities, so the ideal candidate must be flexible and be able to work with variable tasks. Liaising with auditors and participating in our annual audit is a requirement, as well as participating on committees and assisting with our annual fundraiser. Participate in the monthly inventory count, manage revenue journals and catering commissions is also a requirement.
Data Entry & Record keeping
- Accurately record day-to-day financial transactions.
- Enter data and maintain records.
- Enter the annual budget into QB.
Accounts Payable & Purchasing
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management.
- Receive invoices from suppliers.
- Secure signatures, code and enter invoices into accounting system.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Reconcile and enter monthly credit card bills.
Accounts Receivable & Billing
- Issue invoices to customers accurately and on-time.
- Follow-up with clients on outstanding receivables and process incoming transactions.
- Prepare, record and make bank deposits.
- Maintain and reconcile all petty cash.
- Manage cash boxes and drink tickets for events and reconcile after events.
- Manage taxi chits and accounts.
Legal & Audit
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit.
- Comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Enforce accounting policies and procedures.
- Alcohol and beverage orders & returns
- Monthly inventory count & reconciliation
- Prepare and reconcile cash floats/drink tickets for events.
- Preparation of government remittances (i.e. HST, WSIB).
- Provide payroll processing assistance, as directed.
- Assist with year-end processes.
- Tag and monitor fixed assets.
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time and as are consistent with a small team within a design museum.
Benefits package included