We’re Looking For:
A talented Web Designer/Front-end developer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should be a skilled programmer with an eye for clean and artful web design. They should be proficient in Wordpress content management systems and be able to translate high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
Reporting to the Senior Art Director, the successful candidate will also be responsible for the production of assets across the festival including digital kits, signage and branding. They will be a team player adept at wearing multiple hats and thrive under pressure.
- Conceptualize and implement original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create mockups for visual layout of web pages and convert each design into HTML and CSS
- Upgrade site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Manage the production of various assets including the event app, digital branding and signage
- Implement and maintain high-quality SEO policies and incorporate them with content produced for the website
- 5+ years of relative experience
- Bachelor’s (or continued education) in Computer Science, Graphic Design or related field
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Data-driven and will consistently look for ways to drive traffic, improve the user experience and convert leads
- Advanced Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Proficiency working in Wordpress/other CMS
- Custom Wordpress template development
- Administer web services such as Google Analytics, Cloudflare & Sendgrid
- Solid Understanding of HTML5/CSS3, jQuery and Responsive Design
Opportunity to Grow
- As an ambitious startup, you’ll have tons of opportunity to learn and grow
- You’ll get a front row seat to Canada’s largest tech festival
Build Your Network
- You’ll get to work with some of tech’s best and brightest
- We’re in the heart of Downtown Toronto in the historic Financial District
Health Spending Account
- We let you decide how to best prioritize your health and wellness.
- We trust you to know your schedule and work when you feel most productive